Facebook Home the latest attraction in gadget world has been available only for high end Android devices like HTC One, HTC One X, HTC One X+, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2. Facebook Home released in Google Play store on April 13th 2013. The application is so far (or may be for ever in play store) is not available for any handsets other than those are above mentioned. But the application is developed now that can be used in any Android phone. The new port works with every Samsung Galaxy device, all Sony Xperia devices and also those from HTC. It can be done in all rooted and unrooted handsets. Only condition is that the handset must have Android ICS (4.0) or greater. Before installing the port, all the previous versions of Facebook has to be removed from the phone. The method is simple as it needs just two APK files to be downloaded and installed.
Whats new in Facebook Home
- From the moment you turn it on, you see News Feed of friends' posts and photos on your home screen.
- Swipe through to see more, double tap to like a post, and comment right from cover feed
- Install Messenger to send and receive texts and Facebook messages from the same spot
- Notifications from Facebook appear right on your home screen and stick around until you need them.
- Open a notification with a tap or clear them away to see your cover feed.
How to Install
- The handset must have Android ICS (4.0) or greater
- Uninstall existing Facebook applications including messenger
- Download Facebook app & Facebook Home from : http://d-h.st/qOz
- extract .rar
- Install com.facebook.katana.apk (FB app),
- then install com.facebook.home.apk (Home app).
- install fborca242.apk (Messenger app)
- Enable facebook home under facebook app settings
- If you face any problem reboot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache
Facebook app & Facebook Home : http://d-h.st/qOz
Facebook Messenger with Chat heads & SMS fix : http://d-h.st/AgU
Orginal thread and downloads : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2232307
Screen shots : https://play.google.com/