Alpha Release #2 "Sleepless Nights"
- based on Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) v 4.0.4_r1.1 (IMM76D)
- multiple languages supported
- dualboot kernel (without reflashing), ability to choose OS after power on.
- N950 supported (see http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=134.0)
- 3D drivers, OpenGL
- hwrotation (portrait mode only, accelerometer HAL doesn't work)
- touchscreen (multitouch)
- hw buttons (volume, power)
- ECI accessory (headset buttons)
- USB networking
- lcd off in sleep mode, electron beam effect (demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g)
- alarm driver, RTC
- mounting MyDocs as "SDCard" [realized; NOT FIXED, but HACK EXISTS]
- basic video decoding (sw) and playback, youtube (choppy)
- wifi (only basic functionality: able to connect to AP. signal strength indication (RSSI) is broken. no tethering).
- basic CellMo functionality: network registration, USSD, SMS, data (GPRS/EDGE/3G), signaling. Actually, ofono/ofono-ril stack is used: all things that it able to do on the n900.
- bluetooth (scanning, can pair devices. I didn't test deeper).
- charging (note: without any notification in UI)
- sensors: accelerometer
- audio: playback (audio routing to: loudspeaker, headset or earpiece)
- lights HAL (lcd brightness)
- root access (via adb shell; su/Superuser.apk)
a lot of minor and major bugfixes since alpha_1.
The same as: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/CyanogenMod_Wiki:General_disclaimer
Installation -- How to Install :
1. Install dual-boot kernel as described here: http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=90.0
2. Install sillyboot v2. Details: http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=127.0
3. Are you ready for NIT?
- Download tarball from here: http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/n9/nitdroid_n9_ics_alpha2.tar.bz2 check its integrity, md5 sum for this archive is a1f1a4dfb93e3e6b03280ec0a50c7bad Mirrors: http://depositfiles.com/files/8nxo4oj8o
- Copy the archive to your Nokia N9.
- Execute "as root" commands: Code: [Select]mkdir/home/nitdroidtar xjvf /path_to_archive/nitdroid_n9_ics_alpha2.tar.bz2 -C /home/nitdroid/
4. Reboot, push "Volume Up" button when message "Press VolUp to boot alternative OS" appear . Wait a little, pray a little...
5. Usefull stuff:
get adb from Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)
Commands that would make your life easier:
adb connect 192.168.2.15:5039 -- connect to your device. USB/ADB is broken, but ADB works well over USB networking.
adb logcat -- for reading "main" log
adb logcat -b radio -- for reading "radio" log
adb shell -- to enter to shell
adb pull/push -- allow get/put file from/to the device
adb shell rr -- "restart radio" -- restarts ofono and RIL
adb shell bb -- show battery/charging status
6. Hot fixes:
Thanks to people contributed to the NITDroid project, especially BDogg64, DJ_Steve, Jay-C, Crevetor. Thanks to sniper_swe, he involved me to N9 story:)
Thanks to "Nokia guys", Carsten Munk, Jukka Eklund, ofono team. Thanks to people involved in openmode stuff.