Amazon came up with an update, software version 6.2.1 for its Kindle Fire. The update came up with minor additions like improved scrolling, Wifi passwords,etc.
Am sharing with you a new method to root amazon kindle fire not only on 6.2.1 version but on all versions of Kindle Fire's OS.
Steps to follow
- As a prerequisite to rooting the Fire, you'll need to have ADB up and running on your PC.
- Download jcase's Kindle Fire root app.
- Run the root app and click "Root."
- On your PC, in a command prompt, type "adb root."
- Download Superuser.
- Unzip Superuser.
- In the command prompt, type:
adb push su /system/xbin/su
adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su
adb install com.noshufou.android.su-1.apk
Now enjoy your rooted Kindle Fire....
If for any reason you want to unroot your Fire, simply press the "Unroot" button in jcase's Kindle Fire root app.