Here is another release on how to install Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Lets first have a look on the new features on I9100XXKI3.
Main features of I9100XXKI3 Firmware
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread version
- Amazing battery life
- Market 3.1.5 (Just leave the Market open for 5 min it will update automatically)
- New visual effect (You can see blue shade on bottom while scrolling down)
- Both System power saving and Custom power saving mode available
- Swype version 3.8.86
How to install I9100XXKI3 on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
Now follow these steps carefully
Phase 1- setting up PC and backup
- Install the Samsung USB drivers
- Unzip the main firmware file and you will see these 5 files
4. Odin3 v1.83.exe,
- Take Backup of your contacts messages and other data from your phone. Please note that this procedure doesn`t format your internal memory, only messages, contacts and apps will be erased.
- Shut down Samsung Kies completely
- Run Odin3 v1.85.exe file which you have already installed
- Power off your Galaxy S2 and wait till one vibrate comes to ensure complete switch off
Phase 2 - Upgrading the firmware
- Hold Volume down key+ Home button key and press power on, now you will see this screen, accept it
- Connect your phone with USB cable
- You should get the message “Added! !” under the Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
- Check only Re partition, Auto reboot & F. Reset time in option
- Put the files like this in Odin:
CSC = GT-I9100-CSC-MULTI-OXAKI3.tar.
- Hit the start button and process will begin
- Wait until your phone gets restart and then unplug the cable
You will have I9100XXKI3 Android 2.3.5 on your device :)
If you want to refer Video on how to install firmware on Galaxy S2 i9100 please visit Dialandroid YouTube Channel -- Youtube Video
I9100XXKI3 Rooting Guide - Published
*Installing custom firmware is a risky procedure please do it at your own risk. Do it only if Model number exactly matched to i9100*