I will show you on how to transfer messages from a Symbian to Android. You can do it in two steps.
Stage 1- Fetching messages from you old phone and convert them to XML file format.
- Download and install NOKIA Ovi Suite which is available free of cost.
- Sync you phone with Ovi and completely exit your NOKIA OVI Suite
- Download Nokia2AndroidSMS.exe from simail website, An application to convert your SMS database in to XML file
- Run the application after completely closing Ovi Suite, It will automatically detect your SMS backup. Just select Datastore1 in Ovi store & All Phones in Phone IMEI.
Stage 2 - Restoring XML file to your Android phone using Simple SMS backup & Restore Application
- Download and install SMS Backup & Restore from Android Market
- Copy the .xml file you got in stage one to your android device, in sdcard\SMSBackupRestore Folder
- Just run the App on your phone and restore all messages